AGENCY APPLICATION PROCESS
WHO CAN GET TICKETS?
Tickets for Kids Charities partners with organizations (agency partners) that serve low-income, at-risk children and youth to supplement their existing programming with ticketed experiences. These programs can include: residential, mentoring, behavioral health counseling, after-school program, summer day camps, and other types of services. TFK ticketed experiences are provided to approved agency partners at no cost to their organizations or clientele.
Organizations applying for partnership must provide direct programming to low-income, at-risk children/youth and can include:
- Nonprofit, social service agencies that are a 501(c)(3) as determined by the IRS.
- Charter, private, and public schools with a student base that is primarily low-income.
- Government agencies that serve low-income families.
- Tickets for Kids does not serve PTAs/PTOs, Girl/Boy Scout troops or church congregations. We do serve church-based ministry programs that have outreach to the wider community.
- Tickets for Kids does not distribute tickets directly to individuals or families.
Not sure if we’re active in your city? Check our impact map.
HOW DO WE BECOME AN AGENCY PARTNER?
In order to become a TFK agency partner, you and your organization must go through the following steps in the agency application process. The entire process takes between 2-4 weeks.
- Complete the application form. Completing the form takes approximately 30 minutes and you will be asked for the following information:
- The percentage of your clientele that is low-income and at-risk
- The number, age range, and demographic data of the children you serve
- The budget and staff sizes of your organization
- EIN- Employer Identification Number, or Federal Tax ID- Check with your Director or Development Department. The IRS assigns your organization with this number.
- Once the application materials have been reviewed, a TFK staff person will be in touch to let you know if your organization has been approved for partnership. Under most circumstances, you should receive a response within five business days. If you experience a longer response time, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If approved for partnership, you will will receive an automated email requesting the following items:
- If you are a nonprofit organization or a charter school, you will be required to submit your IRS Determination Letter, demonstrating your organization’s tax-exempt status.
- You will be required to submit a list of your board of directors/school board.
- Your organization will be asked to appoint one main contact. This person will be the only person permitted to communicate with TFK staff and the only person permitted to request and report on tickets. This document describes the requirements and time-commitment for a TFK main contact.
- The main contact will need to submit an orientation agreement signed by the Executive Director, CEO, Principal, or Superintendent. If the main contact is the Executive Director, the form should be signed by a board member.
- After these documents have been reviewed, the main contact will be invited to attend a mandatory, virtual orientation session to learn the protocols of working with TFK. Under most circumstances, you should receive this email within five business days of submitting your documentation. If you experience a longer response time, please email email@example.com.
- After attending orientation, the main contact will need to complete the TFK Letter of Agreement signed by the Executive Director, CEO, Principal, or Superintendent. If the main contact is the Executive Director, the form should be signed by a board member. Under most circumstances, you should receive an automated email notifying you that your account is active, within five business days of submitting the Letter of Agreement. If you experience a longer response time, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once all these steps are complete, the main contact will be granted full access to the TFK Agency Portal, where he/she can:
- Access the full listing of TFK event offerings
- Request tickets to these events
- Submit post-event reports accounting for ticket usage
- Find useful agency resources including best practices for different types of trips
- Receive periodic email updates for exciting new events
Ready to see if you are qualified to be a part of our network? Go to our Agency Sign-Up Form to begin the application process!